Catonsville Junction in the 1950s

This is an excellent old photo of Catonsville Junction, the terminus of the old Baltimore Traction Company’s streetcar lines.

- click image for more -
The Catonsville Junction was the terminus for the Baltimore Traction Company's streetcar lines 8, 9, and 14. On this 1950s summer day, a light grey over pencil-yellow Pullman-built PCC (Presidential Car Commission) streetcar departs southbound on the private, quarter mile right-of-way that emptied onto Frederick Road and continued eastward into the city of Baltimore. The little Belgian block gabled structure on the right is still there today, as are the houses in the center rear. The Amoco structure has been replaced by a modern Seven-Eleven convenience store.
The Catonsville Junction was the terminus for the Baltimore Traction Company’s streetcar lines 8, 9, and 14. On this 1950s summer day, a light grey over pencil-yellow Pullman-built PCC (Presidential Car Commission) streetcar departs southbound on the private, quarter mile right-of-way that emptied onto Frederick Road and continued eastward into the city of Baltimore. The little Belgian block gabled structure on the right is still there today, as are the houses in the center rear. The Amoco structure has been replaced by a modern Seven-Eleven convenience store.

Source: Shorpy

About Tom

Tom founded Ghosts of DC on January 4th, 2012 as a blog to uncover the lost and untold history of Washington, D.C. He has lived in the city for over a decade and loves exploring every corner of the District.

Check Also

The Aurora Theatre in 1953

This is a view of the Aurora Theatre sometime in the 1950s. And, after doing …