October 18, 2013

Catonsville Junction, 1910. Rudolph Diehlmann poses before his lunchroom establishment. While crying out for some landscaping, the site's amenities include a pay phone. Tracks on the left are the Baltimore Traction Company's No. 14 streetcar line, pointing east toward Baltimore.

Rudolph Diehlmann’s Lunchroom in Catonsville

We looked up Diehlmann in the 1920 U.S. Census and it had him living on Smithwood Ave., probably near the today’s intersection with Edmondson Ave. Source: Ancestry.com